Monday, March 14, 2022

River Lagan Walks in South Belfast, Belfast City, Northern Ireland. Part One 2022.


Why any human being would wish to destroy other nations and their environment does not baffle this Living Soul/Spirit, but it does sadden me greatly, especially with having photography as my hobby and therapy, and writing as my gift.

It was only a year ago when I discovered Mother Nature in all her guises again after about 12 years of being confined indoors due to my extreme condition of cluster headaches and severe sciatica which limits my walking.

I also suffer from PTSD due to an acquired brain Injury, which brings with it a bad stutter, word association and memory problems.

Most of my days are spent confined indoors because the cluster headaches are so severe, with 1-3 striking daily, especially with low pressure in the weather, so an hour out in Mother Nature each week is a welcome break from the extreme pain and effects each cluster headache brings with it.

The sights, sounds and variety of the wildlife in and around the River Lagan in South Belfast, Belfast City, Northern Ireland is simply amazing and so beautiful in all their species, especially the birds of the River Lagan, her towpaths, parks and pathways.
Yet it is not only the amazing wildlife that catches my eyes, mind and imagination, because I love Mother Nature in all her guises, so if my Soul tells me to photograph a subject then there is a reason to do so, which is why I photograph everything that catches my attention.
To see a Cormorant swim pass you as you slowly walk along the River Lagan Towpath is an amazing sight, especially when you realise how endangered this bird is throughout the Earth-Plane.
It is also a rare visitor to the River Lagan, but then again I only go out in Mother Nature for an hour each week, so this beauty might frequent in the River Lagan more than I have seen, but I have photographed it three times now in recent weeks, so it must be a frequent visitor.
I just wish my illnesses would allow me to stay out longer, but it is not nice being cripple with a cluster headache or sciatica when out, because others do not understand the trauma you are going through.
Even an hour out in Mother Nature lifts my Soul and helps in a small way with my health, mental health and well-being, especially as the seasons flyby.
It is the 14th of March 2022 here in South Belfast, Belfast City, Northern Ireland and as President Putin continues his madness in Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ all is peaceful in South Belfast and Northern Ireland in general.
New life has begun after a mildish Winter in South Belfast and the Northern Hemisphere in general, but Eastern Europe is in turmoil this March 2022.
No matter when I venture out in Mother Nature with my kind neighbour Noel and the dogs, I never fail to get excellent photographs of the amazing wildlife that graces our path as we slowly walk along..
It is photographs like above which are rare to capture and a bonus when they happen, and no matter which photograph you take upon the Earth-Plane yourselves, out of 7.9 billion earthly human beings upon the Earth-Plane in 2022, each photograph is unique to you, which is an amazing fact to know.
So get out there in Mother Nature today and start happy snapping.
The River Lagan, her towpaths, parks and pathways are like a large open air Zoo and it’s all free, which is rare in an Earth-Plane so expensive, where everything costs money.
Mother Nature is FREE!
It is an amazing feeling within when a creature from Mother Nature comes to connect with you.
This is my neighbour and friend Noel feeding a Robin Red Breast along the River Lagan Towpath in South Belfast.
Many of the Robin’s are brave little Souls and come to you without a care in the world, but others will take their time before the trust you.
I believe the older birds get to know you when you are out and about in Mother Nature, which is why they do not hesitate in landing on your seed box or hand.
Everything of beauty does not get passed my eyes, which is aided by my excellent NikonP900 camera, which can zoom into the Stars, Planets, Moon and Sun, though the wildlife and scenery is good enough for me, though I have photographed all the above in many ways and phases.
Jetliners travelling across the Northern Irish sky at 33,000 feet is another good way to practice with your zoom on your cameras, which is good practice for fast moving wildlife or Jetliners exiting Belfast International and City Airports.
The Jet exiting Belfast City Airport on this Spring afternoon was a mystery Jet to me because it had no visible markings, unless it was a private Russian Jet leaving Belfast.
Normally Jetliners and their company are easy to identify as they fly above the River Lagan in South Belfast, but this Jet baffled me.
Springtime is an amazing time of year, full of new life and amazing colours as these Daffodils show above.
After a mild Winter this 2021/22, new life is colouring the land in and around South Belfast here in Belfast City, Northern Ireland.
The darkness gives way to the Light as Spring springs out everywhere.
This photograph of a bunch of Daffodils blooming in this field of Crocuses is a beautiful photograph that reveals Spring in all its glory.
This is why I love photography as my therapy and hobby, and writing as my gift, which contemplate each other perfectly.
When I go out in Mother Nature I learn more every hour I am out.
Take this photograph of this beautiful Little Grebe.
I have photographed Little Grebe’s for the last year of my River Lagan Walks and I have never noticed the light green colour beside it’s beak.
I have also never photographed one on the River Lagan Canal like this one is on this early Spring afternoon.
I love all of Mother Nature’s creatures from the smallest to the largest.
Just look at this black beauty of a Rook, which comes from the Crow Family, who are very smart birds indeed.
Magpies also come from the Crow family and are another truly beautiful bird of nature, and another very smart bird indeed.
I call the Crow Family “The Watchers,” because when you are out and about feeding the smaller birds, “The Watchers,” are never far away, even when you cannot see them, they can see you from miles away.
Once you put some seeds on the ground and walk on, “The Watchers,” swoop down to steal the little birds meal, so stay with your offering to the little birds before walking on.
This will allow the little birds to feed first.
Here is little Holly who is 13 years of age letting in she is a Tiger, stalking the prey, which in this case is a playful Magpie.
Though little did little Holly know that the Magpie was in control of this game.
Little Maddie on the other hand just chillaxes in between of walking.
She is about 9 years old and is quite quiet and chilled until a large dog on a lead comes along, then she takes a tear at it barking.
Though it is always large dogs on leads, so she must know the dogs to attack, which is quite funny.
I call this tree “The Rook Tree,” because it is the favourite nesting places for several Rook Family members.
This is why I love my NikonP900 camera because it gets me up close and personal with wildlife and manmade creations, miles or many metres away.
This way you do not disturb the wildlife, so practice with your cameras whenever you are out and about.
I love editing my photographs when I return home, deleting the bad ones, and keeping the best ones for my photography projects.
The young Grey Squirrel’s are out and about this March 2022 exploring and playing in their new surroundings.
While looking at this young Grey Squirrel, it looks like it has a leg missing, though it could be scratching itself, but my next photograph reveals the same missing leg.
It definitely looks like this young Grey Squirrel is missing it’s right leg, though it didn’t stop it from darting to and fro through the trees, bushes and on the ground up in Barnett Demesne in South Belfast.
When you connect with Mother Nature in all her guises, you connect with the Divine above, who created all you see in the natural Earth-Plane.
Since beginning my River Lagan Walks a year ago I have never photographed Frogs or their Spawn, so my next few photographs are a first for me.
I could see something moving in the River Lagan Canal in South Belfast, but without my glasses I thought it was Tadpoles until I uploaded my photographs to my laptop, and when I saw I had photographed Frogs, in between their Spawn I was over the Moon.
Before this time, I had not even seen a Frog, let alone their Spawn.
The feeling I get inside when I photograph something new on my River Lagan Walks is magical, though these seconds of magic with my photography is down to my amazing NikonP900 camera, and even though I only use the automatic settings on it, the results I capture, to me are amazing.
Photography for me is my therapy and hobby, good for my health, mental health and well-being, at least for an hour each week.
These two little Siskin’s perch high on a tree overhanging the River Lagan in South Belfast are another first for me in bird species I have photographed this last year or so.
Once more I only identified them when I returned home from this River Lagan Walks.
I have written 15 River Lagan Walks books so far in a year, which can be found on Amazon.com-Aunidan Christi
You can see this Siskin’s beautiful colours in my photograph above, which is how I knew I had never photographed this species of bird before this day.
The Siskin’s were quite a few hundred metres away, so once more my photographs reveal my amazing Nikon P900 camera’s ability to zoom into any subject and still produce clear photographs.
Not all my photographs are of the River Lagan wildlife because as I have already revealed, if it catches my eyes, mind and imagination then I photograph it as my photograph of this slowly budding tree reveals standing tall above the River Lagan in South Belfast.
I think it looks beautiful as it stands tall on a cold Spring afternoon with the blue sky as it’s canvas.
This beautiful female Bullfinch was another first for me as she stood on the bank of the River Lagan drinking and collecting soil for building her nest.
I also love the way I have captured her reflection in the River Lagan and her beautiful colours.
I have taken photographs of the male Bullfinches before, with the bright orange breasts and plumage, but never a female Bullfinch before, who has her own beauty.
The Little Grebe’s are all along the River Lagan in South Belfast and I sure they are out and about on any river or lake this March 2022, so get out a explore Mother Nature where you live upon the Earth-Plane and share your photographs, stories and blogs with those who live upon the Earth-Plane.
Every now and then you get a glimpse of the River Lagan Seal, which can appear without warning.
Though this poor Soul looks like it is quite ill with a bad eye infection as my next photograph reveals.
It even looks blind.
I contacted a local wildlife organisation about this poor Soul and they got back to me straight away.
They told me they would look out for the Seal, though Grey Seal’s along with other river life can become ill, which depends on the pollution within the water they swim in.
So just like us, wildlife have their own illnesses, viruses and diseases, which is quite a lot to do with earthly human beings polluting their rivers and waterways.
Little Maddie flacks out when Noel, little Holly and myself are out and about in Mother Nature.
Maddie’s pace of walking suits my sciatica and pace of walking, though 13 year old Holly, the Yorkshire Terrier would put all of us to shame as she bounces along with such energy.
It is hard to believe she is 13, but she is.
I use to believe the Great Tit above were Blue Tit’s, which was a mistake I made right up until recent weeks.
I then looked at the Tit Family photographs and realised my mistake.
It was the yellow plumage that threw me, but I now know that Blue Tit’s have blue head plumage, whereas, Great Tit’s has black head plumage.
I learn as I go.
It is nice to see the Sun and blue sky again after a dark and gloomy Winter, though it was not a cold Winter 21/22, but then again in Northern Ireland it has been known to snow in April, so as the old saying goes, “Never drop a clout until May is out.”
Every now and then I get a glimpse of the Common Buzzard’s that fly over the River Lagan Towpath and River Lagan herself, which always keeps me mesmerised as they fly bye.
In my photograph above, the Common Buzzard is being mobbed by a Crow, which I have witnessed several times while out walking along the River Lagan Towpaths in South Belfast.
Crow’s do not fear the Common Buzzard’s and chase them from their territory without a second thought.
The Common Buzzard’s ride the thermals with grace and skill and are so beautiful as they pass bye.
I do not know how rare these Birds of Prey are, but only getting out and about in Mother Nature for an hour a week when I am well enough to go out, the Common Buzzard’s are not always about, so to me they are rare.
Mother Nature is Free,
Get out and enjoy her.

Peace be with you all.

aunidan.blogspot.com

twitter.com/@aunidan64

To donate to my photography and mission upon the Earth-Plane,
Donate below please,
Thank you

paypal.me/aunidanchristi64


No comments: