Saturday, August 27, 2022

River Lagan Walks in South Belfast, Belfast City, Northern Ireland. Part Two 2022.

As April begins this 2022, the bird birds are making an appearance along the River Lagan in South Belfast, which means plenty of amazing photograph’s.

Heron’s are such beautiful birds, be they Great Blue Heron’s like the one in my photograph’s or Gray Heron’s which have yet to appear this 2022 along the River Lagan.

I love photographing the Heron’s when they are out and about on the River Lagan.
They are like birds left over from pre-historic times.
Early Summer is a magical time of the year on and around the River Lagan in South Belfast, Belfast City, Northern Ireland.
As I have written before dear readers, the River Lagan and her surroundings are like an open air zoo when it comes to the wildlife which frequents, plus the scenery along its length is breathtaking to boot.
The River Lagan begins its journey in the Mourne Mountains in County Down and ends her journey in Belfast Lough.
So you have 53.5 miles to explore along this amazing river in Northern Ireland.
While watching these two Robin Red Breasts on Good Friday I thought the Robin on the right was flirting with the one on the left, but it wasn’t, it was actually warning the other one that this was his patch and to move on.
Every hour out in Mother Nature each week brings many new species of birds to photograph, which is why I look forward each hour out, especially in early Summer.
The Kingfishers, as with all the birds on and around the River Lagan in South Belfast are busy building their nests and getting ready for their next generations of young.
The Kingfishers are such beautiful birds and not easy to photograph because they move so fast as the travel along the River Lagan, and only stop for seconds before entering their new nests, before taking off again.
My Soul comes alive when I am out in Mother Nature, with all her sights, sounds and smells.
As I have written before, every time I go out in Mother Nature she always presents me with new birds species, wildlife and scenery.
The little bird above is a Goldcrest, which is another first for me on my River Lagan Walks because I have never seen one in the last year and a half of walking along the River Lagan, her towpaths, parks and pathways, and I most certainly have never photographed one until the other day.
What a beautiful little bird, which to me is a rare find on my River Lagan Walks and a welcome bonus on this hour out.
I never truly know what I have photographed until I return home and upload my photographs to my laptop, and most of the time I am over the moon with the results of my photography.
While out sitting beside the River Lagan on the 19th of April 2022 I heard this snort behind me and when I turned around to my excitement and surprise came along a Grey Seal, around 7 miles from the sea, which is truly amazing, especially knowing the obstacles the Seals have to overcome to get so far up the River Lagan.


I love seeing the River Lagan Seal on my hours out and the reaction of walkers passing by who see it.
Once more this is wildlife that stops walkers in their tracks as they travel along the River Lagan in South Belfast, or I call it, the South Belfast Open Air Zoo.
I met two fishermen today who showed me these amazing photographs of two Brown Trouts caught in the River Lagan at Lambeg, Lisburn City, County Antrim.
One Trout is over 10Ibs in weight, while the other is over 14Ibs.
My last photographs prove, if proof is needed that the River Lagan is full of amazing fish species, some of which are monsters and it is good to see.
It is also good to meet people along my River Lagan Walks and talk about the river and all in, on and around it, which is a good way to find out where certain wildlife might be on the river.
I explore with my photography and though my last photograph is just the reflections of trees upon the River Lagan, I think it is beautiful, so when you are out in Mother Nature taking photographs, then experiment and explore with your photography.
This beautiful bird is another first for me, it is a beautiful Dunnock, which I have never seen or photographed before on my River Lagan Walks, which is why I love photography as my therapy and hobby, and writing as my passion, all of which compliment each other perfectly.
As those who read my River Lagan Walks books on Amazon.com-Aunidan Christi and my blogs about my River Lagan Walks here will know, if it catches my eyes, mind and imagination then I photograph it for my own photography records and for my River Lagan Walks books, my Brain Injury Matters NI projects and the photography sites I am on online.
There is so much to see, feel, hear and photograph along the River Lagan, her towpaths, parks and pathways and as I keep telling you, it’s all free and excellent for your health, mental health and well-being, so get out and about in Mother Nature, today and I promise you, you will not regret it.
I can only walk about 20 feet at a time due to severe sciatica, which cripples my left leg from my waist to my knee with extreme pain.
My leg also goes completely numb, which means I can no longer feel it blow me, so I have to sit down on whatever is close at hand.
Everything is blooming this middle of May 2022 as the Horse Chestnut tree reveals in my photograph above, though some trees are struggling to bud this May 2022, which could be due to climate change and a very mild Winter.
Stranger Things are happening along the River Lagan Towpaths this Summer 2022, with Autumnal scenes appearing along the towpaths since late July, which is when I began to photograph these stranger things on my River Lagan Walks.

At first I began to notice the leaves on the Horse Chestnut trees turning brown in the middle of July, but by the end of July the trees began to shed their leaves.
Slowly other trees began to shed their leaves in late July and then by early August 2022, the scenes became very Autumnal indeed.

Now the news outlets are reporting on the False Autumn at the end of August, but I was twitting my photographs of the False Autumn from late July 2022. 
@aunidan64 


To be continued…

Mother Nature is Free and excellent for your health,
mental health and well-being,
And of course your photography,
writing and creativity.

To help with my projects donate below.

PayPal.me/aunidanchristi64

Twitter.com/@aunidan64

Thank You.





No comments: